Tuesday, July 6, 2010

what made me happy this weekend

( this blush is a LOT redder in person than in my pictures . )
i just couldnt get the right lighting for the life of me :(

so ive been lusting over stereo rose, swatches after swatches . i couldnt get enough even if it was just through my laptop monitor . i loveeee peach, coral toned blushes .


i actually remembered about preordering last thursday so i called the eaton centre location and they tell me they're not doing preorders BUT the pro store on queen st got them already . WHAT ! :) so i call them right away to find out they got them in that day and have about 5 left . i put 2 on hold to pick them up the next day . when i go pick it up the next day, theyre all sold out . made me extra happy !


msf in light flush is my most favorite everyday blush during my pale winter months . its the perfect blush for someone who wants a peachy blush that can be suitable during the colder months that doesnt look too summery AND for someone who's just starting out with a blush . you just CANNOT overdo this blush ! but as i get more tanned throughout the summer, less and less it shows on my face . :( since its more like a highlighter for darker tones, i needed something a bit darker in color but still have that pretty peachy, coral pink range .

(R) light flush , (L) stereo rose
theyre both darker and pinkier for light flush and bit redder for stereo rose in person . i couldnt capture the colors exactly as they are . wth, its a lot harder than i thought . i was especially getting so frustrated with the swatch pictures . i see these 2 gorgeous swatches on my arm, but when i look back at the camera, it just seemed bleh . this was the best i can come up with, and they were both a lot darker in person .

(R) stereo rose, (L) light flush

im not saying that theyre a dupe or even that theyre similar . im just comparing my old fav & possibly a new fav . i find light flush obviously lighter in color but also a peachy pink whereas stereo rose would be more corally pink . corally pink ! perfect for the summer !! nicely pigmented and shows up amazingly on my tanned face which is probably about somewhere between NC30-35 at the moment .

i dont know how this is compared to the older version but i love this just as it is . i just wish it had a little bit more veinings but its still good the way it is . ive seen some people say its really chalky compared to the older version, but i honestly dont really find it chalky and its pretty much the same as most of the msf's that i own . i didnt find it any frostier than light flush either .

stereo rose is this year's summer blush for me . i still love light flush but that'll be hibernating until the colder months arrive and my face gets paler .

3 comments:

Iyah Love said...

WOW!!! Nice swatches!! I keep hearing about Stereo rose and how they've been lemming for it!! I can see why! its gorgeous!! =) I heard its sold out online already :D Glad you got it!

and yeah you are right about the jeans - people spends so much on other things, but when they see u spend so much on jeans, they're like "what?!" lol! But I want a frankie b pair too! I need some 7 jeans also! I only have TR and R&R. hahaha =)

Lilladylife said...

really nice swatches!!!!!! ive wanted style forever but just never picked it up mocha i got on a whim bc i saw someone wear it and i was like omg, i NEED that.
Yup liking my stero rose. Jazz is def cute! alot of ppl are in love and buy back ups but i think its def pretty and worth picking up but dont need to buy back ups for or anything just a nice light coral which is def something i dont have in my lippie collection

Fun Size said...

aww so jealous you got the stereo rose! definitely perfect for summer ^.~