Wednesday, July 7, 2010

have you ever ..

come across a skincare product that gives you an immediate result ?

meet skinfood's fermented pomegranate whitening sleeping mask .

i actually picked this up while i was staying in korea earlier this year . if youre the type that likes to be tanned, DONT let the word 'whitening' in this stop you from this . when the SA recommended this as her favorite from skinfood, i actually shook my head cuz i love being tanned . no to any whitening products for me . so she explains that some of the whitening items that skinfood carries doesnt actually make your skin tone lighter, it makes your face BRIGHTER no matter what your skin tone is . it will NOT change your skin tone .


on their website it claims;
A skin-brightening sleeping mask containing arbutin and pomegranate ferment extract forms a protective layer onto skin. It provides continuous moisturization overnight and suppresses the formation of blemishes and dark spots, making skin look clear and radiant by morning.

* Use: After emulsion or essence, apply desired amount evenly onto face and gently massage to absorb.


i absolutely LOVE this and use this when i know i need my skin to be a little brighter and more awake in the morning . the first time i used this, i didnt expect much but when i looked in the mirror when i woke up the next morning, i was pleasantly surprised . i can actually see the difference .

how to use this;
this replaces your night cream . use it after your toner & essence/emulsion if you use any . its not very clear on the bottle, but youre ONLY suppose to use this TWICE a week . i hate to admit it but im pretty lazy when it comes to wash off masks . i hate waiting around with my face in a mask to wash off . but this, you just slather it on, sleep, and just wash it off when you wash your face in the morning . no waiting around, no extra steps !


PROS:
- immediate brightness & softness in the morning
- convenient; no extra step in your skin regime
- packaging; love the pump . it lets you control how much product you want
- the amount . 100g will last you a long time !
- moisturizing .
- cheap ! 10,000won which is a little less than $10 !
- smell . it has light floral scent, doesnt smell like pomegranate tho !

CONS:
- that bright skin you see in the morning is pretty temporary
- texture is thick, not oily or sticky tho ! feels just like any other gel masks
- doesnt absorb fast . might want to lay a towel on your pillow !


overall, i love this . its cheap and makes you look like you got 9 hours of sleep in the morning . :)

3 comments:

April said...

Ohh looks fantastic! GREAT REVIEW!

ME said...

awesome review! i would want to try it.. i have the skinfood bb cream nd i love it!

Curvy Petite said...

Thanks for your comment on my page. There are many things that I did wrong n the vid but I couldn't keep my mouth shut for any longer. I forgot to even say that one should wear sunscreen with using the African Black Soap because it naturally contains Vitamin A. You are so lucky you've gone traveling overseas. That's someone on my to-do list! ^_^

WoW! Skinfood has cute packaging and smells too! I'm like you too, I prefer to be tan but during the winter, I'm pale as heck!

I think you will like the soap. I, myself, never had any kind of cystic breakout before, until last year... My parents kept suggesting it was my makeup! haha. But, I haven't been wearing makeup as often cause I'd rather go bare. I love the state my skin is now!

btw, I HAD to follow your blog. you are HOTTT!